Protimeter MMS2 Survey Kit with Soft Pouch
New MMS2 meter (multi-purpose air and surface moisture content tool)
The all new MMS2 represents the latest Protimeter technology in one intuitive, robust and fully functional design. If you’re surveying buildings, inspecting a home, drying a building after a flood, or testing concrete moisture for a flooring application, the Protimeter MMS2 is the solution for you.
- Full building moisture diagnostics on easy-to-use instrument
- Fast responding hygrometer speeds up building surveys
- No need to plug in multiple accessories
- Intuitive user interface with color screen
- Data logging
- Firmware upgradable
- Psychrometric calculations
- Surface non-contact temperature measurement with laser pointer
Measures moisture in wood and wood floors, drywall, concrete and concrete block, stucco, plaster, masonry and other building materials
This Package Includes:
- The MMS2 Instrument
- Short Humidity Quickstick
- Hygrostick Humidity Probe
- Hyygrostick.Quickstick External Lead
- Heavy Duty Moisture Probe
- Deep Wall Probe (5″)
- Calibration Check Device
- Software and Cable
- Softsided Carry Pouch
Measure (pin mode)
Diagnoses the extent of moisture intrusion for damage assessment and monitor drying out of building structures.
- Use built-in pin or plug in the heavy duty moisture probe for measuring in hard-to-reach areas
- Use deep wall pin-type probes to measure moisture in walls, wall cavity insulation, sub and surface structures
- Use accessories such as hammer probes to measure at depth
Search (non-invasive mode)
Behind ceramic tile, fine finishes, water stains, tile and vinyl floor coverings, wood, drywall, plaster, masonry, concrete and concrete block.
- Non-invasive pinless radio frequency finds moisture up to 3/4 in (19 mm) below surface
- Search mode not adversely affected by surface moisture
Measures or monitors buildings for adequate ventilation affecting indoor air quality and moisture problems.
- Measures relative humidity and temperature, dew point and surface temperature, surface proximity to dew point (condensation) and grains per pound, as well as multiple psychrometric calculations
- Allows measurement of equipment such as dehumidifiers•Measures equilibrium relative humidity in concrete floors using the in situ probe method
- Use to detect conditions for mold and fungus growth, that can lead to unhealthy living conditions
Surface Temperature (IR)
Checks surface temperature, utilizing laser pointer, calculates proximity to dewpoint.
Data Storage Functions
When concise and accurate environmental readings need to be reported, the MMS Plus gets the job done.The ability to record readings instantly at the push of a button, and to continuously log when left on site, makes this instrument ideal for many applications including:
- Building survey
- Fire and flood restoration
- Concrete floor moisture measurement
- Indoor air quality
- Environmental health
Concrete Floor Moisture Measurement
MMS2 can be used for measuring equilibrium relative humidity directly in concrete slabs. Protimeter pioneered this more accurate method, which includes drilling holes in the concrete, inserting a humidity sleeve and measuring the equilibrium humidity in the concrete. If excessive moisture is found, simply replace the sleeve cap for future retesting. This method also permits normal construction without disturbing the test surface.
A small hole is drilled in the concrete. Next, a humidity sleeve is inserted and capped flush with the floor. The relative humidity of the air in the test hole is now at the same moisture level as the concrete around it. Flooring product manufacturers normally recommend RH readings between 75% and 85% depending on the permeability of the product being installed.
Readings from multiple Hygrosticks can be taken and recorded with ease. Humidity readings can be taken with the use of humidity sleeves or humidity box. Hygrosticks, not Humisticks, should be used for this test.